When I saw the title of UK rhymesayer Dewy Sinatra’s latest feature, I Need Love, I couldn’t help but think of LL Cool J’s classic of the same name. In actuality, though, the two cuts could hardly be more different. Atop Tyro‘s entrancing beat, powered by relentless clapping, Dewy turns in a quirky mic performance. Showcasing a unique, sung-rapped flow that really challenges the definition of rapping (in a good way), Sinatra explains that, in order to clear his mind, he needs loving that is a tad more intimate than that which LL was looking for in 1987. I Need Love is part of Dewy’s forthcoming EMMA LP. Keep it locked to the The DJBooth for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.