When I saw the title of UK rhymesayer Dewy Sinatra’s latest feature, I Need Love, I couldn’t help but think of LL Cool J’s classic of the same name. In actuality, though, the two cuts could hardly be more different. Atop Tyro‘s entrancing beat, powered by relentless clapping, Dewy turns in a quirky mic performance. Showcasing a unique, sung-rapped flow that really challenges the definition of rapping (in a good way), Sinatra explains that, in order to clear his mind, he needs loving that is a tad more intimate than that which LL was looking for in 1987. I Need Love is part of Dewy’s forthcoming EMMA LP. Keep it locked to the The DJBooth for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.