When I saw the title of UK rhymesayer Dewy Sinatra’s latest feature, I Need Love, I couldn’t help but think of LL Cool J’s classic of the same name. In actuality, though, the two cuts could hardly be more different. Atop Tyro‘s entrancing beat, powered by relentless clapping, Dewy turns in a quirky mic performance. Showcasing a unique, sung-rapped flow that really challenges the definition of rapping (in a good way), Sinatra explains that, in order to clear his mind, he needs loving that is a tad more intimate than that which LL was looking for in 1987. I Need Love is part of Dewy’s forthcoming EMMA LP. Keep it locked to the The DJBooth for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.