When I saw the title of UK rhymesayer Dewy Sinatra’s latest feature, I Need Love, I couldn’t help but think of LL Cool J’s classic of the same name. In actuality, though, the two cuts could hardly be more different. Atop Tyro‘s entrancing beat, powered by relentless clapping, Dewy turns in a quirky mic performance. Showcasing a unique, sung-rapped flow that really challenges the definition of rapping (in a good way), Sinatra explains that, in order to clear his mind, he needs loving that is a tad more intimate than that which LL was looking for in 1987. I Need Love is part of Dewy’s forthcoming EMMA LP. Keep it locked to the The DJBooth for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.