Some of you might stream this new, breezy single and ask, “Who Is He?” First, I would reprimand you for missing the artist’s last Booth feature, January’s Bike & a Dream, and then I would tell you that his name is DeWayne Jackson and that he hails from this place called Houston (Any good hip-hop from there?). Jackson has a casual, charismatic style and some clever, fun lyrics to match. His easygoing, fun-loving approach is perfectly matched to producer Donnie Houston‘s airy beat, which oozes a summery, top-down cruising vibe. If you liked the one-two punch of Jackson and Houston, good news: the pair have a collaborative project, Halftime, in the works, which is slated for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.