Some of you might stream this new, breezy single and ask, “Who Is He?” First, I would reprimand you for missing the artist’s last Booth feature, January’s Bike & a Dream, and then I would tell you that his name is DeWayne Jackson and that he hails from this place called Houston (Any good hip-hop from there?). Jackson has a casual, charismatic style and some clever, fun lyrics to match. His easygoing, fun-loving approach is perfectly matched to producer Donnie Houston‘s airy beat, which oozes a summery, top-down cruising vibe. If you liked the one-two punch of Jackson and Houston, good news: the pair have a collaborative project, Halftime, in the works, which is slated for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.