Some of you might stream this new, breezy single and ask, “Who Is He?” First, I would reprimand you for missing the artist’s last Booth feature, January’s Bike & a Dream, and then I would tell you that his name is DeWayne Jackson and that he hails from this place called Houston (Any good hip-hop from there?). Jackson has a casual, charismatic style and some clever, fun lyrics to match. His easygoing, fun-loving approach is perfectly matched to producer Donnie Houston‘s airy beat, which oozes a summery, top-down cruising vibe. If you liked the one-two punch of Jackson and Houston, good news: the pair have a collaborative project, Halftime, in the works, which is slated for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.