Some of you might stream this new, breezy single and ask, “Who Is He?” First, I would reprimand you for missing the artist’s last Booth feature, January’s Bike & a Dream, and then I would tell you that his name is DeWayne Jackson and that he hails from this place called Houston (Any good hip-hop from there?). Jackson has a casual, charismatic style and some clever, fun lyrics to match. His easygoing, fun-loving approach is perfectly matched to producer Donnie Houston‘s airy beat, which oozes a summery, top-down cruising vibe. If you liked the one-two punch of Jackson and Houston, good news: the pair have a collaborative project, Halftime, in the works, which is slated for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.