Some of you might stream this new, breezy single and ask, “Who Is He?” First, I would reprimand you for missing the artist’s last Booth feature, January’s Bike & a Dream, and then I would tell you that his name is DeWayne Jackson and that he hails from this place called Houston (Any good hip-hop from there?). Jackson has a casual, charismatic style and some clever, fun lyrics to match. His easygoing, fun-loving approach is perfectly matched to producer Donnie Houston‘s airy beat, which oozes a summery, top-down cruising vibe. If you liked the one-two punch of Jackson and Houston, good news: the pair have a collaborative project, Halftime, in the works, which is slated for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)