When it comes to rocking the mic, DeWayne Jackson is a f**king jaguar. And his latest single is a stately brigantine gliding through the Mediterranean Sea. What does that mean? Not a damn thing—just thought I’d hit you with a few Metaphors to set the mood for the Houston newcomer’s current single. Here, Deshun Swayze‘s mellow boom-bap boardwork accompanies the 18-year-old emcee as he describes the visions of success that occupy his mind on the daily, and the work he’s putting in to transform them into reality. Jerms‘s official video, making its world premiere on our front page, offers a potent visual Metaphor for Jackson’s growth as an artist. For more from this talented up-and-comer, check out new mixtape Who Is He? when it drops digitally on Monday, December 9.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.