When it comes to rocking the mic, DeWayne Jackson is a f**king jaguar. And his latest single is a stately brigantine gliding through the Mediterranean Sea. What does that mean? Not a damn thing—just thought I’d hit you with a few Metaphors to set the mood for the Houston newcomer’s current single. Here, Deshun Swayze‘s mellow boom-bap boardwork accompanies the 18-year-old emcee as he describes the visions of success that occupy his mind on the daily, and the work he’s putting in to transform them into reality. Jerms‘s official video, making its world premiere on our front page, offers a potent visual Metaphor for Jackson’s growth as an artist. For more from this talented up-and-comer, check out new mixtape Who Is He? when it drops digitally on Monday, December 9.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)