When it comes to rocking the mic, DeWayne Jackson is a f**king jaguar. And his latest single is a stately brigantine gliding through the Mediterranean Sea. What does that mean? Not a damn thing—just thought I’d hit you with a few Metaphors to set the mood for the Houston newcomer’s current single. Here, Deshun Swayze‘s mellow boom-bap boardwork accompanies the 18-year-old emcee as he describes the visions of success that occupy his mind on the daily, and the work he’s putting in to transform them into reality. Jerms‘s official video, making its world premiere on our front page, offers a potent visual Metaphor for Jackson’s growth as an artist. For more from this talented up-and-comer, check out new mixtape Who Is He? when it drops digitally on Monday, December 9.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.