DeWayne Jackson wants us to believe that all he has is a Bike & A Dream... lies. Does he not realize we can see that he also has an insanely passionate flow and a bright future? Hell, he even has an edgy, enigmatic beat by Domo Arygoto that fits his fiery approach to a T. As the instrumental emphatically chimes behind him, Jackson gets introspective, wrestling with disappointing friends, family, and teachers who don’t take his rapping seriously no matter how much talent is on display. They may not believe in him now, but if Jackson keeps showcasing his crisp, combustible flow, he will certainly have the last laugh. Like his last Booth spot, Metaphors, this striking effort can be found on Jackson’s Who Is He tape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.