CunninLynguists have always been a favorite of mine. The Kentucky crew rarely get the credit and acknowledgment they deserve, given the tremendous quality and quantity of music they create. Part of the reason I love them so much is Deacon The Villain’s intoxicating Southern flow. Although he only mans the hook on Devine Carama’s latest, his contribution undoubtedly holds the record together. Voices From the Grave serves as Carama’s response to a rash of violence in his hometown of Lexington, KY. Over S&G Beatz’ dramatic, haunting production, he pays tribute to the victims of violence who get overlooked by those seeking to push a personal agenda. Voices From the Grave is the third single off free album No Child Left Behind, due out next month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.