CunninLynguists have always been a favorite of mine. The Kentucky crew rarely get the credit and acknowledgment they deserve, given the tremendous quality and quantity of music they create. Part of the reason I love them so much is Deacon The Villain’s intoxicating Southern flow. Although he only mans the hook on Devine Carama’s latest, his contribution undoubtedly holds the record together. Voices From the Grave serves as Carama’s response to a rash of violence in his hometown of Lexington, KY. Over S&G Beatz’ dramatic, haunting production, he pays tribute to the victims of violence who get overlooked by those seeking to push a personal agenda. Voices From the Grave is the third single off free album No Child Left Behind, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.