There’s no denying that social media and the Internet have dramatically changed the musical landscape. Whether that change has been for the better or or the worse is, of course, up for debate. On this week’s Music Monday release, Twinkle, Twinkle WorldSTAR, Kentucky spitter Devine Carama takes a look at one of the negative ways in which cyberspace has impacted the game. Backed by Sir Flywalker‘s subdued sax riffs and downbeat, trap-tinged rhythm section, the artist bemoans the tendency of a certain website (I think you know which one I’m talking about.) to award viral fame for bad behavior. On the positive tip, the Booth’s own DJ Z gets a mention at the top of verse two, as does Shake of 2DopeBoyz fame. Talor Hall ties the cut together with some tuneful hook vocals. This record is slated to be included on Carama’s forthcoming EP, The Dream Walker. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well as further highlights in the his online series.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.