There’s no denying that social media and the Internet have dramatically changed the musical landscape. Whether that change has been for the better or or the worse is, of course, up for debate. On this week’s Music Monday release, Twinkle, Twinkle WorldSTAR, Kentucky spitter Devine Carama takes a look at one of the negative ways in which cyberspace has impacted the game. Backed by Sir Flywalker‘s subdued sax riffs and downbeat, trap-tinged rhythm section, the artist bemoans the tendency of a certain website (I think you know which one I’m talking about.) to award viral fame for bad behavior. On the positive tip, the Booth’s own DJ Z gets a mention at the top of verse two, as does Shake of 2DopeBoyz fame. Talor Hall ties the cut together with some tuneful hook vocals. This record is slated to be included on Carama’s forthcoming EP, The Dream Walker. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well as further highlights in the his online series.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.