Earlier today, Devine Carama promised fans on Facebook that, in exchange for 50 “likes,” he’d liberate the bonus track off his forthcoming full-length. His devotees made short work of that goal, so the Bluegrass State spitter has held up his side of the bargain and unleashed Reflections. This cut’s title is a play on Michael Jackson‘s classic single, Man in the Mirror, a sample of which forms the backbone of DJ Well Blended‘s instrumental. Over his Stars collaborator’s infectious grooves, Carama delivers contemplative bars on the topics of fatherhood, spirituality and his constant quest to top himself artistically. For more, check out No Child Left Behind when it drops digitally next Friday, June 28.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.