If you haven’t been paying close attention to The DJBooth over the last couple years, Devine Carama may be the Nicest Emcee You Haven’t Heard About. In which case, you could hardly ask for a better introduction than his latest feature, the inaugural song release off his next studio album. Here, Starks Beats‘s boom-bap percussion and sampled soul wails (borrowed from Ray Charles classic I Believe to My Soul) back the Bluegrass State buzzmaker as he touts his skills and trashes the competition in larger-than-life verses. JK-47 assists behind the wheels of steel. Watch for the first official single off Believing in Forever, which currently lacks a drop date, to hit the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.