If you haven’t been paying close attention to The DJBooth over the last couple years, Devine Carama may be the Nicest Emcee You Haven’t Heard About. In which case, you could hardly ask for a better introduction than his latest feature, the inaugural song release off his next studio album. Here, Starks Beats‘s boom-bap percussion and sampled soul wails (borrowed from Ray Charles classic I Believe to My Soul) back the Bluegrass State buzzmaker as he touts his skills and trashes the competition in larger-than-life verses. JK-47 assists behind the wheels of steel. Watch for the first official single off Believing in Forever, which currently lacks a drop date, to hit the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.