I’m not gonna name names (after all, there’d be so many), but today’s rap game is chock full of emcees eager to appeal to the lowest common denominator, regardless of whether they’re insulting fans’ intelligence in the process. Kentucky spitter Devine Carama, by contrast, is determined to move beyond that “ABC, 123” ish and drop some serious knowledge, even if that means his rhymes will take a minute to sink in. As he puts it on the latest song release off his next LP, he’s got that Light Switch Flow. Which isn’t to say this joint is difficult listening—quite the opposite. The emcee’s conversational engaging, combined with producer Fidel Hasflow‘s tuneful, soul-sampled boardwork (a flip of Luther Vandross’ Love Won’t Let Me Wait) will keep you nodding along while you wait for that ”Eureka!” moment. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Light Switch Flow and many more intellectually stimulating jams on No Child Left Behind, dropping digitally June 28.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.