Sure, Chicago, New York, and L.A. are hotbeds for talent, but that doesn’t mean the rest of the country isn’t loaded with dope artists. Kentucky is a perfect example. Upcoming release The Hood, The Holler is a compilation album from some of Kentucky’s finest, but it isn’t your average project. Its goal is to raise funds to fight against mountaintop removal in the great Appalachian area of Kentucky; so the set’s got both style and substance. Devine Carama‘s contribution, 16 Bars in a Clip, is a lot like the album: powerful, yet thoughtful and well-done. Atop J-Ideas’s string-driven, floating beat, Carama displays a ruthless, cutting style. His wordplay and imagery are well thought out, and will have you rewinding the cut to catch every dagger. Be sure to cop The Hood, The Holler when it drops later this month; it’s for a good cause!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sparkling Jewels" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.