Aren’t sure whether it would be in your best interest to take a listen to Devin the Dude‘s latest single? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you should—especially if you happen to be a male. The West Coast veteran’s first solo feature since March 2010’s We Get High, new single Probably Should Have finds Devin sharing some hard-won wisdom on the topic of relationships. Over Thomas Knudsen and Even Brenna laid-back synth loops, he catalogs the ways in which he f**ked up his latest relationship: playing it overly cool, pressuring for sex, getting drunk and forgetting his girl’s birthday… the list goes on. From the looks of it, a second chance isn’t in the cards for Devin, but this low-key banger might just help prevent other guys from making the same mistakes. Fans can keep it locked for further song releases leading up to the October 8, release of One for the Road via eOne Music.
Written by richard on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.