I may not know Devin Miles personally, but based on the visuals for his latest song, The Rise (Timente Asurgund), I can safely say Miles is a fan of horror movies. How else can you explain Miles lurking in a creepy, red room with a set of eyes glowing in the darkness? One thing is clear, though, which is that the Pittsburgh emcee enjoys murdering beats with a flow sharper than Jason’s chainsaw. His victim this time is an ominous, violin-based beat courtesy of producer Coop. Miles targets those in the way of his rise to the top, cautioning them about blocking his path, with plenty of attitude and a crystal-clear delivery that cuts through the beat like Michael Myers through a pair of unsuspecting teenagers. The Rise is not slated to any larger project from Miles, but it will make an appearance on Best of Both Offices’ upcoming compilation tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.