I may not know Devin Miles personally, but based on the visuals for his latest song, The Rise (Timente Asurgund), I can safely say Miles is a fan of horror movies. How else can you explain Miles lurking in a creepy, red room with a set of eyes glowing in the darkness? One thing is clear, though, which is that the Pittsburgh emcee enjoys murdering beats with a flow sharper than Jason’s chainsaw. His victim this time is an ominous, violin-based beat courtesy of producer Coop. Miles targets those in the way of his rise to the top, cautioning them about blocking his path, with plenty of attitude and a crystal-clear delivery that cuts through the beat like Michael Myers through a pair of unsuspecting teenagers. The Rise is not slated to any larger project from Miles, but it will make an appearance on Best of Both Offices’ upcoming compilation tape, due out later this month.
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!