I may not know Devin Miles personally, but based on the visuals for his latest song, The Rise (Timente Asurgund), I can safely say Miles is a fan of horror movies. How else can you explain Miles lurking in a creepy, red room with a set of eyes glowing in the darkness? One thing is clear, though, which is that the Pittsburgh emcee enjoys murdering beats with a flow sharper than Jason’s chainsaw. His victim this time is an ominous, violin-based beat courtesy of producer Coop. Miles targets those in the way of his rise to the top, cautioning them about blocking his path, with plenty of attitude and a crystal-clear delivery that cuts through the beat like Michael Myers through a pair of unsuspecting teenagers. The Rise is not slated to any larger project from Miles, but it will make an appearance on Best of Both Offices’ upcoming compilation tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/13
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.