Mediocre beats and rhymes have you feeling under the weather? Devin Miles has The Cure for what ails you. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of January’s Beep Beep, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer showcases the traits that set him apart from the masses of subpar rappers—foremost among them, a strong aversion to cutting corners. Over Kyle Justice‘s quietly intense keyboard loops, he outlines the slow and steady approach that he’s confident will propel him to the top of the game: “At the time when it was rush or take it slow, I chose the latter… been sharpening my tools like a blacksmith.” Devin Miles has yet to announce his next project but, if the ethos he evinces on this joint is any indication, the wait will be well worth it. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.