Mediocre beats and rhymes have you feeling under the weather? Devin Miles has The Cure for what ails you. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of January’s Beep Beep, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer showcases the traits that set him apart from the masses of subpar rappers—foremost among them, a strong aversion to cutting corners. Over Kyle Justice‘s quietly intense keyboard loops, he outlines the slow and steady approach that he’s confident will propel him to the top of the game: “At the time when it was rush or take it slow, I chose the latter… been sharpening my tools like a blacksmith.” Devin Miles has yet to announce his next project but, if the ethos he evinces on this joint is any indication, the wait will be well worth it. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.