Mediocre beats and rhymes have you feeling under the weather? Devin Miles has The Cure for what ails you. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of January’s Beep Beep, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer showcases the traits that set him apart from the masses of subpar rappers—foremost among them, a strong aversion to cutting corners. Over Kyle Justice‘s quietly intense keyboard loops, he outlines the slow and steady approach that he’s confident will propel him to the top of the game: “At the time when it was rush or take it slow, I chose the latter… been sharpening my tools like a blacksmith.” Devin Miles has yet to announce his next project but, if the ethos he evinces on this joint is any indication, the wait will be well worth it. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)