Mediocre beats and rhymes have you feeling under the weather? Devin Miles has The Cure for what ails you. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of January’s Beep Beep, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer showcases the traits that set him apart from the masses of subpar rappers—foremost among them, a strong aversion to cutting corners. Over Kyle Justice‘s quietly intense keyboard loops, he outlines the slow and steady approach that he’s confident will propel him to the top of the game: “At the time when it was rush or take it slow, I chose the latter… been sharpening my tools like a blacksmith.” Devin Miles has yet to announce his next project but, if the ethos he evinces on this joint is any indication, the wait will be well worth it. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.