Mediocre beats and rhymes have you feeling under the weather? Devin Miles has The Cure for what ails you. On his latest promo single, coming on the heels of January’s Beep Beep, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer showcases the traits that set him apart from the masses of subpar rappers—foremost among them, a strong aversion to cutting corners. Over Kyle Justice‘s quietly intense keyboard loops, he outlines the slow and steady approach that he’s confident will propel him to the top of the game: “At the time when it was rush or take it slow, I chose the latter… been sharpening my tools like a blacksmith.” Devin Miles has yet to announce his next project but, if the ethos he evinces on this joint is any indication, the wait will be well worth it. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.