Ladies, I hope you have a pack of gum, some Dramamine and an airsickness bag handy, because Devin Miles is about to take you “Higher than you’ve ever been.” On his latest EP single, the follow-up to March’s reader-acclaimed The Cure, the Pittsburgh representative invites a lucky woman to buckle her seat belt for the red-eye flight of a lifetime. As Miles helps his companion get comfortable in her first-class accommodations, producer Kyle Justice sets the mood with an airy, downtempo synth-string beat. Singer Christo‘s silky hook and glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the record’s slick ambiance. If this fantastic aural voyage left you craving more, you’ll find what you seek on forthcoming EP In Due Time, scheduled for digital release next Tuesday, the 11th.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.