Ladies, I hope you have a pack of gum, some Dramamine and an airsickness bag handy, because Devin Miles is about to take you “Higher than you’ve ever been.” On his latest EP single, the follow-up to March’s reader-acclaimed The Cure, the Pittsburgh representative invites a lucky woman to buckle her seat belt for the red-eye flight of a lifetime. As Miles helps his companion get comfortable in her first-class accommodations, producer Kyle Justice sets the mood with an airy, downtempo synth-string beat. Singer Christo‘s silky hook and glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the record’s slick ambiance. If this fantastic aural voyage left you craving more, you’ll find what you seek on forthcoming EP In Due Time, scheduled for digital release next Tuesday, the 11th.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.