One of my all-time biggest driving pet peeves are people who lay on their horn when they could just as easily have politely honked. Now, think of Devin Miles’ latest offering as the latter. Instead of a loud, over-indulgent song, Miles only provides a slight Beep Beep, but it is more than enough to get the job done. Ric & Thadeus co-concoct a slick, breezy instrumental, based heavily on a catchy guitar riff. From there the emcee controls the track with very natural, laid-back verses. Miles isn’t the only driver on the road, though, as guest Choo Jackson provides an equally as casual performance, the result being a simple, yet enjoyable jam. Miles is starting 2013 off on the right foot; following The Rise (Timente Asurgund), this is the Pittsburgh native’s second feature of the month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/25/13
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.