One of my all-time biggest driving pet peeves are people who lay on their horn when they could just as easily have politely honked. Now, think of Devin Miles’ latest offering as the latter. Instead of a loud, over-indulgent song, Miles only provides a slight Beep Beep, but it is more than enough to get the job done. Ric & Thadeus co-concoct a slick, breezy instrumental, based heavily on a catchy guitar riff. From there the emcee controls the track with very natural, laid-back verses. Miles isn’t the only driver on the road, though, as guest Choo Jackson provides an equally as casual performance, the result being a simple, yet enjoyable jam. Miles is starting 2013 off on the right foot; following The Rise (Timente Asurgund), this is the Pittsburgh native’s second feature of the month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.