One of my all-time biggest driving pet peeves are people who lay on their horn when they could just as easily have politely honked. Now, think of Devin Miles’ latest offering as the latter. Instead of a loud, over-indulgent song, Miles only provides a slight Beep Beep, but it is more than enough to get the job done. Ric & Thadeus co-concoct a slick, breezy instrumental, based heavily on a catchy guitar riff. From there the emcee controls the track with very natural, laid-back verses. Miles isn’t the only driver on the road, though, as guest Choo Jackson provides an equally as casual performance, the result being a simple, yet enjoyable jam. Miles is starting 2013 off on the right foot; following The Rise (Timente Asurgund), this is the Pittsburgh native’s second feature of the month.
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.