One of my all-time biggest driving pet peeves are people who lay on their horn when they could just as easily have politely honked. Now, think of Devin Miles’ latest offering as the latter. Instead of a loud, over-indulgent song, Miles only provides a slight Beep Beep, but it is more than enough to get the job done. Ric & Thadeus co-concoct a slick, breezy instrumental, based heavily on a catchy guitar riff. From there the emcee controls the track with very natural, laid-back verses. Miles isn’t the only driver on the road, though, as guest Choo Jackson provides an equally as casual performance, the result being a simple, yet enjoyable jam. Miles is starting 2013 off on the right foot; following The Rise (Timente Asurgund), this is the Pittsburgh native’s second feature of the month.
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.