Rappers who let haters’ words get under their skin would do well to remember the words of Eleanor Roosevelt: “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Devin Miles clearly knows what the First Lady’s talking about – on his latest release, the Pittsburgh repper who brought us So Real, demonstrates how to take non-constructive criticism in stride, waving discouragement away with a nonchalant “It’s All Good.” This unreleased joint finds beatsmith ID Labs flipping a breezy bell sample as Miles turns in a fittingly exuberant mic performance, mixing sterling motivational wisdom with picturesque, often hilarious braggadocio: “You would swear I covered my face, all-black, couple AKs aimed at errybody’s face how they hands up.” It’s dope, to be sure, but does Devin Miles have what it takes to join Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller as a nationally-renowned Steel City representative? Debate away – or, if you need further evidence before you make your decision, grab a copy of the artist’s Finding My Own EP, released in April and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.