Rappers who let haters’ words get under their skin would do well to remember the words of Eleanor Roosevelt: “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Devin Miles clearly knows what the First Lady’s talking about – on his latest release, the Pittsburgh repper who brought us So Real, demonstrates how to take non-constructive criticism in stride, waving discouragement away with a nonchalant “It’s All Good.” This unreleased joint finds beatsmith ID Labs flipping a breezy bell sample as Miles turns in a fittingly exuberant mic performance, mixing sterling motivational wisdom with picturesque, often hilarious braggadocio: “You would swear I covered my face, all-black, couple AKs aimed at errybody’s face how they hands up.” It’s dope, to be sure, but does Devin Miles have what it takes to join Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller as a nationally-renowned Steel City representative? Debate away – or, if you need further evidence before you make your decision, grab a copy of the artist’s Finding My Own EP, released in April and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.