Rappers who let haters’ words get under their skin would do well to remember the words of Eleanor Roosevelt: “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Devin Miles clearly knows what the First Lady’s talking about – on his latest release, the Pittsburgh repper who brought us So Real, demonstrates how to take non-constructive criticism in stride, waving discouragement away with a nonchalant “It’s All Good.” This unreleased joint finds beatsmith ID Labs flipping a breezy bell sample as Miles turns in a fittingly exuberant mic performance, mixing sterling motivational wisdom with picturesque, often hilarious braggadocio: “You would swear I covered my face, all-black, couple AKs aimed at errybody’s face how they hands up.” It’s dope, to be sure, but does Devin Miles have what it takes to join Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller as a nationally-renowned Steel City representative? Debate away – or, if you need further evidence before you make your decision, grab a copy of the artist’s Finding My Own EP, released in April and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.