During the hours after midnight, when most of us are fast asleep, underground emcees are struggling to keep bleary eyes open as they lay down the final verses of the evening—or, technically, the morning. A true night owl, Pittsburgh buzzmaker Devin Miles didn’t wrap up recording on his latest Mr. Miles Mondays release till 4:12 AM. If the overnight hustle was wearing on him, you wouldn’t be able to tell from his rhymes here. As he shares his nocturnal thoughts over Such A Problem‘s fluttering strings and chopped vocal samples, he sounds fresh, alert and on-point. In a dope feat of polysyllabic agility, he brushes off the haters who are praying on his downfall: “I know you hope my blood stop, y’all prayin’ that it fizzle / But you ain’t realize I’m sun-hot and remainin’ on sizzle.” In addition to checking back with us for further series highlights, fans can click here to download Devin’s latest EP, In Due Time, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Real" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.