There are some things that everyone, no matter how different they are or where they come from, can understand. Hip-hop is one example, but another is the feeling of finding a new “special” friend. For proof, look no further than the latest single from DeVin Maze. On Equilibrium, DeVin spins a tale of two gentlemen who couldn’t be any more different, except for the fact that a certain girl has ‘em both sprung. The story is just part of the equation here; what really drives this cut is the way in which Maze’s fluid flow rolls and vibes along with Chicago producer Slot-A‘s funky, synth-driven boardwork. Equilibrium can be found the artist’s upcoming album, SIRKUS. In the meantime, why not take a listen to his last Booth feature, 2012’s How We Livin’?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.