There are some things that everyone, no matter how different they are or where they come from, can understand. Hip-hop is one example, but another is the feeling of finding a new “special” friend. For proof, look no further than the latest single from DeVin Maze. On Equilibrium, DeVin spins a tale of two gentlemen who couldn’t be any more different, except for the fact that a certain girl has ‘em both sprung. The story is just part of the equation here; what really drives this cut is the way in which Maze’s fluid flow rolls and vibes along with Chicago producer Slot-A‘s funky, synth-driven boardwork. Equilibrium can be found the artist’s upcoming album, SIRKUS. In the meantime, why not take a listen to his last Booth feature, 2012’s How We Livin’?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.