I know it’s shocking to believe that a song called We Get High is actually about the power of prayer to uplift the soul, especially when it comes from legendary toker Devin The Dude, but that’s exactly the case today. No, I’m sorry, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your faces. Of course We Get High is about smoking weed. Sparked by an appropriately hazy beat courtesy of producer Q. Stone, We Get High is ultimately Devin’s show as he drops the kind of mellowed out punchlines and supremely entertaining verses that have earned him a loyal, though often forgetful, fanbase: “$110 to spend with a friend why not…I look like my eyelids inside out.” Why not indeed. For more THC-induced hip-hop be sure to check out Devin’s hilariously named new EP Do Not DistHerb (Suite #420), followed by the release of his 7th full-length album, Suite #420, on April 20. That’s 4/20 for anyone who was too high to figure it out on their own.
Listen to More: Devin The Dude
Written by Nathan S. on 03/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.