I know it’s shocking to believe that a song called We Get High is actually about the power of prayer to uplift the soul, especially when it comes from legendary toker Devin The Dude, but that’s exactly the case today. No, I’m sorry, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your faces. Of course We Get High is about smoking weed. Sparked by an appropriately hazy beat courtesy of producer Q. Stone, We Get High is ultimately Devin’s show as he drops the kind of mellowed out punchlines and supremely entertaining verses that have earned him a loyal, though often forgetful, fanbase: “$110 to spend with a friend why not…I look like my eyelids inside out.” Why not indeed. For more THC-induced hip-hop be sure to check out Devin’s hilariously named new EP Do Not DistHerb (Suite #420), followed by the release of his 7th full-length album, Suite #420, on April 20. That’s 4/20 for anyone who was too high to figure it out on their own.
Listen to More: Devin The Dude
Written by Nathan S. on 03/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)