I know it’s shocking to believe that a song called We Get High is actually about the power of prayer to uplift the soul, especially when it comes from legendary toker Devin The Dude, but that’s exactly the case today. No, I’m sorry, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your faces. Of course We Get High is about smoking weed. Sparked by an appropriately hazy beat courtesy of producer Q. Stone, We Get High is ultimately Devin’s show as he drops the kind of mellowed out punchlines and supremely entertaining verses that have earned him a loyal, though often forgetful, fanbase: “$110 to spend with a friend why not…I look like my eyelids inside out.” Why not indeed. For more THC-induced hip-hop be sure to check out Devin’s hilariously named new EP Do Not DistHerb (Suite #420), followed by the release of his 7th full-length album, Suite #420, on April 20. That’s 4/20 for anyone who was too high to figure it out on their own.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)