I know it’s shocking to believe that a song called We Get High is actually about the power of prayer to uplift the soul, especially when it comes from legendary toker Devin The Dude, but that’s exactly the case today. No, I’m sorry, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your faces. Of course We Get High is about smoking weed. Sparked by an appropriately hazy beat courtesy of producer Q. Stone, We Get High is ultimately Devin’s show as he drops the kind of mellowed out punchlines and supremely entertaining verses that have earned him a loyal, though often forgetful, fanbase: “$110 to spend with a friend why not…I look like my eyelids inside out.” Why not indeed. For more THC-induced hip-hop be sure to check out Devin’s hilariously named new EP Do Not DistHerb (Suite #420), followed by the release of his 7th full-length album, Suite #420, on April 20. That’s 4/20 for anyone who was too high to figure it out on their own.
Listen to More: Devin The Dude Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.