I know it’s shocking to believe that a song called We Get High is actually about the power of prayer to uplift the soul, especially when it comes from legendary toker Devin The Dude, but that’s exactly the case today. No, I’m sorry, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your faces. Of course We Get High is about smoking weed. Sparked by an appropriately hazy beat courtesy of producer Q. Stone, We Get High is ultimately Devin’s show as he drops the kind of mellowed out punchlines and supremely entertaining verses that have earned him a loyal, though often forgetful, fanbase: “$110 to spend with a friend why not…I look like my eyelids inside out.” Why not indeed. For more THC-induced hip-hop be sure to check out Devin’s hilariously named new EP Do Not DistHerb (Suite #420), followed by the release of his 7th full-length album, Suite #420, on April 20. That’s 4/20 for anyone who was too high to figure it out on their own.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What A Job ft. Snoop & Andre 3000" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.