For someone who has recently risen from relative obscurity, producer/emcee double-major Detail has brought along some hip-hop heavyweights for his first Booth feature, Tattoo Foreva, featuring T-Wayne (the two-headed T-Pain/Lil Wayne monster), and Travie McCoy, who has recently been blowing up radio with his new single Billionaire. Detail does a decent job with his rhymes, spending quite a bit of his verse referencing Angelina Jolie (and her tattoos, of course), while T-Wayne playfully deliver no more or less than what you’d expect from the mutually-destructive duo. You might get so caught up in the bouncy, guitar-driven production that you miss Travie’s ten-second-long verse but, all things considered, Tattoo should fulfill its intended purpose of getting the public buzzing about Detail. The question remains, though: is this cut an auto-tuned mess, or is it auto-tuned brilliance? You decide. Tattoo will be featured on Detail’s forthcoming album, which currently has no release date. Keep it locked to the Booth for updates.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Worries" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.