For someone who has recently risen from relative obscurity, producer/emcee double-major Detail has brought along some hip-hop heavyweights for his first Booth feature, Tattoo Foreva, featuring T-Wayne (the two-headed T-Pain/Lil Wayne monster), and Travie McCoy, who has recently been blowing up radio with his new single Billionaire. Detail does a decent job with his rhymes, spending quite a bit of his verse referencing Angelina Jolie (and her tattoos, of course), while T-Wayne playfully deliver no more or less than what you’d expect from the mutually-destructive duo. You might get so caught up in the bouncy, guitar-driven production that you miss Travie’s ten-second-long verse but, all things considered, Tattoo should fulfill its intended purpose of getting the public buzzing about Detail. The question remains, though: is this cut an auto-tuned mess, or is it auto-tuned brilliance? You decide. Tattoo will be featured on Detail’s forthcoming album, which currently has no release date. Keep it locked to the Booth for updates.
Written by Matty K on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Worries" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.