For someone who has recently risen from relative obscurity, producer/emcee double-major Detail has brought along some hip-hop heavyweights for his first Booth feature, Tattoo Foreva, featuring T-Wayne (the two-headed T-Pain/Lil Wayne monster), and Travie McCoy, who has recently been blowing up radio with his new single Billionaire. Detail does a decent job with his rhymes, spending quite a bit of his verse referencing Angelina Jolie (and her tattoos, of course), while T-Wayne playfully deliver no more or less than what you’d expect from the mutually-destructive duo. You might get so caught up in the bouncy, guitar-driven production that you miss Travie’s ten-second-long verse but, all things considered, Tattoo should fulfill its intended purpose of getting the public buzzing about Detail. The question remains, though: is this cut an auto-tuned mess, or is it auto-tuned brilliance? You decide. Tattoo will be featured on Detail’s forthcoming album, which currently has no release date. Keep it locked to the Booth for updates.
Written by Matty K on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Worries" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)