Don’t let the title fool you; though Booth newcomer Descendent‘s latest feature is liable to set toes tapping and heads nodding, Move Something finds the Newport News, Virginia native more concerned with galvanizing minds and hearts than causing bodily motion. Clientel sets the mood on the production tip, serving up a marching band-style snare/brass beat as the emcee urges fans to quit putting their trust in crooked politicians and become leaders in their own communities. On a separate, but closely related note, he calls on rappers to take more cognizance of the messages they’re spreading in their rhymes, asking them, “Since when is it cool to ever sell poison?” After listening to this cut, are you feeling amped and ready for action? Well, get out there and “do something.” When you’re not busy changing the world, be sure to check back with the Booth for more fresh singles leading up to the 10/22 release of Descendent’s Road to Greatness Journey of a Lost Soul LP.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.