Don’t let the title fool you; though Booth newcomer Descendent‘s latest feature is liable to set toes tapping and heads nodding, Move Something finds the Newport News, Virginia native more concerned with galvanizing minds and hearts than causing bodily motion. Clientel sets the mood on the production tip, serving up a marching band-style snare/brass beat as the emcee urges fans to quit putting their trust in crooked politicians and become leaders in their own communities. On a separate, but closely related note, he calls on rappers to take more cognizance of the messages they’re spreading in their rhymes, asking them, “Since when is it cool to ever sell poison?” After listening to this cut, are you feeling amped and ready for action? Well, get out there and “do something.” When you’re not busy changing the world, be sure to check back with the Booth for more fresh singles leading up to the 10/22 release of Descendent’s Road to Greatness Journey of a Lost Soul LP.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.