Named after the landlord on the BBC soap opera, EastEnders, Derty Den has been in love with hip-hop since he memorized the lines to the Biggie classic, Unbelievable. A student of the rap game and a representative of North Carolina, Den is ready to carry a city and give everyone a major dose of Reality. Although he’s originally from the Dirty South, Den raps on point with a traditional East Coast mentality; commenting on “wack” rappers and upset that the mainstream is trying to control music. Derty Den’s primary goal is to do for North Carolina what Petey Pablo was never able to do; remove the blurry lines that separate perception from reality.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.