Named after the landlord on the BBC soap opera, EastEnders, Derty Den has been in love with hip-hop since he memorized the lines to the Biggie classic, Unbelievable. A student of the rap game and a representative of North Carolina, Den is ready to carry a city and give everyone a major dose of Reality. Although he’s originally from the Dirty South, Den raps on point with a traditional East Coast mentality; commenting on “wack” rappers and upset that the mainstream is trying to control music. Derty Den’s primary goal is to do for North Carolina what Petey Pablo was never able to do; remove the blurry lines that separate perception from reality.
Listen to More: Derty Den
Written by Burmy on 01/13/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.