The South is commonly referred to as “dirty” for its grimy style, but one emcee on the come-up wants to give this moniker a spelling overhaul. Derty Den comes reppin’ North Carolina with a huge swag and personality, not to mention a great deal of talent. He displays those abilities on new record Industry Need Me, proclaiming that he’s the talent hip-hop requires in order to save itself. A bold rhyme scheme reminiscent of Young Buck adds a bravado that enhances D’s forward statement: as he says, only he can save the industry from tanking. Producer Digga contributes a crackling, suave beat that accentuates the emcee’s message. Derty’s new album is currently untitled, but it should be in stores next year.
Listen to More: Derty Den Written by Carly
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.