The South is commonly referred to as “dirty” for its grimy style, but one emcee on the come-up wants to give this moniker a spelling overhaul. Derty Den comes reppin’ North Carolina with a huge swag and personality, not to mention a great deal of talent. He displays those abilities on new record Industry Need Me, proclaiming that he’s the talent hip-hop requires in order to save itself. A bold rhyme scheme reminiscent of Young Buck adds a bravado that enhances D’s forward statement: as he says, only he can save the industry from tanking. Producer Digga contributes a crackling, suave beat that accentuates the emcee’s message. Derty’s new album is currently untitled, but it should be in stores next year.
Listen to More: Derty Den
Written by Carly on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.