The South is commonly referred to as “dirty” for its grimy style, but one emcee on the come-up wants to give this moniker a spelling overhaul. Derty Den comes reppin’ North Carolina with a huge swag and personality, not to mention a great deal of talent. He displays those abilities on new record Industry Need Me, proclaiming that he’s the talent hip-hop requires in order to save itself. A bold rhyme scheme reminiscent of Young Buck adds a bravado that enhances D’s forward statement: as he says, only he can save the industry from tanking. Producer Digga contributes a crackling, suave beat that accentuates the emcee’s message. Derty’s new album is currently untitled, but it should be in stores next year.
Written by Carly on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.