The South is commonly referred to as “dirty” for its grimy style, but one emcee on the come-up wants to give this moniker a spelling overhaul. Derty Den comes reppin’ North Carolina with a huge swag and personality, not to mention a great deal of talent. He displays those abilities on new record Industry Need Me, proclaiming that he’s the talent hip-hop requires in order to save itself. A bold rhyme scheme reminiscent of Young Buck adds a bravado that enhances D’s forward statement: as he says, only he can save the industry from tanking. Producer Digga contributes a crackling, suave beat that accentuates the emcee’s message. Derty’s new album is currently untitled, but it should be in stores next year.
Listen to More: Derty Den Written by Carly
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!