The South is commonly referred to as “dirty” for its grimy style, but one emcee on the come-up wants to give this moniker a spelling overhaul. Derty Den comes reppin’ North Carolina with a huge swag and personality, not to mention a great deal of talent. He displays those abilities on new record Industry Need Me, proclaiming that he’s the talent hip-hop requires in order to save itself. A bold rhyme scheme reminiscent of Young Buck adds a bravado that enhances D’s forward statement: as he says, only he can save the industry from tanking. Producer Digga contributes a crackling, suave beat that accentuates the emcee’s message. Derty’s new album is currently untitled, but it should be in stores next year.
Listen to More: Derty Den
Written by Carly on 11/20/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.