Toronto native Derek Wise, along with his aptly-named collective the W1SE GUYS, gives to the world the first release form his forthcoming project, Vacay. Wise’s debut on The DJBooth, The Prolog, can only be described as a deep listen into the artist that is Derek Wise, tracing the transition of lost boys into made men. With rumbling horns and a heavy bass line, the PST.H production is perfectly matched by Wise’s surprisingly deep delivery, giving the track an intense feel that should easily withstand repeated listens. Look for more of Wise and the rest of the W1SE GUYS as we wait for Vacay to drop sometime in October.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.