Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off the official visuals for LP inclusion The $uits back in October, North-of-the-Border buzzmaker Derek Wise reintroduces himself to the Booth with the lead single off his next street release. On CLAYCO, Lil Ugly Mane‘s eerie, bass-booming production backs the 20-year-old Toronto repper as he fills listeners in on his sexual and professional exploits, delivering his bars in a measured, assertive flow with more than a dash of A$AP Rocky in it. Director Zac Factz underscores the record’s gritty ambiance in his official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to follow Wise down to his Mom’s Basement (which, thanks to the stripper pole, doubles as a gentlemen’s club) later this summer, when his latest full-length drops digitally.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)