Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off the official visuals for LP inclusion The $uits back in October, North-of-the-Border buzzmaker Derek Wise reintroduces himself to the Booth with the lead single off his next street release. On CLAYCO, Lil Ugly Mane‘s eerie, bass-booming production backs the 20-year-old Toronto repper as he fills listeners in on his sexual and professional exploits, delivering his bars in a measured, assertive flow with more than a dash of A$AP Rocky in it. Director Zac Factz underscores the record’s gritty ambiance in his official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to follow Wise down to his Mom’s Basement (which, thanks to the stripper pole, doubles as a gentlemen’s club) later this summer, when his latest full-length drops digitally.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.