Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off the official visuals for LP inclusion The $uits back in October, North-of-the-Border buzzmaker Derek Wise reintroduces himself to the Booth with the lead single off his next street release. On CLAYCO, Lil Ugly Mane‘s eerie, bass-booming production backs the 20-year-old Toronto repper as he fills listeners in on his sexual and professional exploits, delivering his bars in a measured, assertive flow with more than a dash of A$AP Rocky in it. Director Zac Factz underscores the record’s gritty ambiance in his official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to follow Wise down to his Mom’s Basement (which, thanks to the stripper pole, doubles as a gentlemen’s club) later this summer, when his latest full-length drops digitally.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.