Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off the official visuals for LP inclusion The $uits back in October, North-of-the-Border buzzmaker Derek Wise reintroduces himself to the Booth with the lead single off his next street release. On CLAYCO, Lil Ugly Mane‘s eerie, bass-booming production backs the 20-year-old Toronto repper as he fills listeners in on his sexual and professional exploits, delivering his bars in a measured, assertive flow with more than a dash of A$AP Rocky in it. Director Zac Factz underscores the record’s gritty ambiance in his official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to follow Wise down to his Mom’s Basement (which, thanks to the stripper pole, doubles as a gentlemen’s club) later this summer, when his latest full-length drops digitally.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.