Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off the official visuals for LP inclusion The $uits back in October, North-of-the-Border buzzmaker Derek Wise reintroduces himself to the Booth with the lead single off his next street release. On CLAYCO, Lil Ugly Mane‘s eerie, bass-booming production backs the 20-year-old Toronto repper as he fills listeners in on his sexual and professional exploits, delivering his bars in a measured, assertive flow with more than a dash of A$AP Rocky in it. Director Zac Factz underscores the record’s gritty ambiance in his official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to follow Wise down to his Mom’s Basement (which, thanks to the stripper pole, doubles as a gentlemen’s club) later this summer, when his latest full-length drops digitally.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.