As you’d expect from a fella who attracts female stares like a magnet does iron filings, Deonte‘s got some lofty standards when it comes to potential romantic interests: if you want to grab his attention, you’ve got to be One of a Kind. An aura of shyness and mystery can’t hurt either, as evidenced by the Georgia native’s Booth debut, which finds him instantly drawn to a girl he sees sitting at a distance from the crowd, all on her lonesome. Over the dreamy synths and handclap-driven percussion of beatsmith Dre Norris, Deonte does his damnedest to convince the hesitant shawty to, “...take a chance with your boy and see.” While it isn’t revealed whether or not Deonte succeeds in winning over the girl in question, it’s hard to imagine her being able to resist his smooth vocal runs and airy falsetto. If you find yourself seduced by the artist’s masterful game-spitting, you can find plenty more where this came from on Deonte’s self-titled EP, released this past January and available now online.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.