As you’d expect from a fella who attracts female stares like a magnet does iron filings, Deonte‘s got some lofty standards when it comes to potential romantic interests: if you want to grab his attention, you’ve got to be One of a Kind. An aura of shyness and mystery can’t hurt either, as evidenced by the Georgia native’s Booth debut, which finds him instantly drawn to a girl he sees sitting at a distance from the crowd, all on her lonesome. Over the dreamy synths and handclap-driven percussion of beatsmith Dre Norris, Deonte does his damnedest to convince the hesitant shawty to, “...take a chance with your boy and see.” While it isn’t revealed whether or not Deonte succeeds in winning over the girl in question, it’s hard to imagine her being able to resist his smooth vocal runs and airy falsetto. If you find yourself seduced by the artist’s masterful game-spitting, you can find plenty more where this came from on Deonte’s self-titled EP, released this past January and available now online.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.