As you’d expect from a fella who attracts female stares like a magnet does iron filings, Deonte‘s got some lofty standards when it comes to potential romantic interests: if you want to grab his attention, you’ve got to be One of a Kind. An aura of shyness and mystery can’t hurt either, as evidenced by the Georgia native’s Booth debut, which finds him instantly drawn to a girl he sees sitting at a distance from the crowd, all on her lonesome. Over the dreamy synths and handclap-driven percussion of beatsmith Dre Norris, Deonte does his damnedest to convince the hesitant shawty to, “...take a chance with your boy and see.” While it isn’t revealed whether or not Deonte succeeds in winning over the girl in question, it’s hard to imagine her being able to resist his smooth vocal runs and airy falsetto. If you find yourself seduced by the artist’s masterful game-spitting, you can find plenty more where this came from on Deonte’s self-titled EP, released this past January and available now online.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.