As you’d expect from a fella who attracts female stares like a magnet does iron filings, Deonte‘s got some lofty standards when it comes to potential romantic interests: if you want to grab his attention, you’ve got to be One of a Kind. An aura of shyness and mystery can’t hurt either, as evidenced by the Georgia native’s Booth debut, which finds him instantly drawn to a girl he sees sitting at a distance from the crowd, all on her lonesome. Over the dreamy synths and handclap-driven percussion of beatsmith Dre Norris, Deonte does his damnedest to convince the hesitant shawty to, “...take a chance with your boy and see.” While it isn’t revealed whether or not Deonte succeeds in winning over the girl in question, it’s hard to imagine her being able to resist his smooth vocal runs and airy falsetto. If you find yourself seduced by the artist’s masterful game-spitting, you can find plenty more where this came from on Deonte’s self-titled EP, released this past January and available now online.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.