Going to the club might be fun, but it is certainly not easy. You have to wind your way through hundreds of intoxicated people, overpay for a watered-down drink, and then wake up the next day with sore feet and a splitting headache. While club-going is a chore, DJing is that much more challenging, having to provide music to those on the dancefloor, who are quick to criticize “questionable” record selections. Nobody seems to understand this situation better than Deon Young, who gives the DJ’s Mad Respect on his latest effort. (Hopefully his shout-out will help get the single in rotation at bars and clubs across the States.) Producers Pop & Oak provide the boardwork, featuring a screeching riff atop a pounding bass, sprinkled with a twerk-approved popping effect, which sets the stage for Young. The EPIC newcomer does his part, giving a dynamic performance; intermittently splicing his smooth, finessed singing with an edgier, almost rapped style that is perfect for the club. There is no word on a debut offering from The DJBooth newcomer, but keep it locked here for new music and updates.
Vested In Culture/Epic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.