Going to the club might be fun, but it is certainly not easy. You have to wind your way through hundreds of intoxicated people, overpay for a watered-down drink, and then wake up the next day with sore feet and a splitting headache. While club-going is a chore, DJing is that much more challenging, having to provide music to those on the dancefloor, who are quick to criticize “questionable” record selections. Nobody seems to understand this situation better than Deon Young, who gives the DJ’s Mad Respect on his latest effort. (Hopefully his shout-out will help get the single in rotation at bars and clubs across the States.) Producers Pop & Oak provide the boardwork, featuring a screeching riff atop a pounding bass, sprinkled with a twerk-approved popping effect, which sets the stage for Young. The EPIC newcomer does his part, giving a dynamic performance; intermittently splicing his smooth, finessed singing with an edgier, almost rapped style that is perfect for the club. There is no word on a debut offering from The DJBooth newcomer, but keep it locked here for new music and updates.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/13
Vested In Culture/Epic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.