Going to the club might be fun, but it is certainly not easy. You have to wind your way through hundreds of intoxicated people, overpay for a watered-down drink, and then wake up the next day with sore feet and a splitting headache. While club-going is a chore, DJing is that much more challenging, having to provide music to those on the dancefloor, who are quick to criticize “questionable” record selections. Nobody seems to understand this situation better than Deon Young, who gives the DJ’s Mad Respect on his latest effort. (Hopefully his shout-out will help get the single in rotation at bars and clubs across the States.) Producers Pop & Oak provide the boardwork, featuring a screeching riff atop a pounding bass, sprinkled with a twerk-approved popping effect, which sets the stage for Young. The EPIC newcomer does his part, giving a dynamic performance; intermittently splicing his smooth, finessed singing with an edgier, almost rapped style that is perfect for the club. There is no word on a debut offering from The DJBooth newcomer, but keep it locked here for new music and updates.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/13
Submit your Rating
Vested In Culture/Epic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.