Remember that famous scene from Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson flick A Few Good Men, where Nicholson yells, “You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!”? While Nicholson was talking about what went down the night a Marine was killed, the famous quote also applies to Denzil Porter’s new jam The Truth. Some listeners might not be able to handle Porter’s raw, rapid-fire flow, which sounds all the more gritty when placed over a crisp beat from the Da Illfellaz, but that shouldn’t be a problem for fans of authentic, introspective lyrics. That said, the Bronx native is brutally honest on the record, delivering topics ranging from summer nights erupting in gunfire to what inspires him make his dreams a reality. Take a listen and let us know if you can handle it by leaving feedback below. There will be plenty
Paul Pierce truth telling when Denzil’s new mixtape, Porter’s Pot, is released on Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.