Remember that famous scene from Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson flick A Few Good Men, where Nicholson yells, “You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!”? While Nicholson was talking about what went down the night a Marine was killed, the famous quote also applies to Denzil Porter’s new jam The Truth. Some listeners might not be able to handle Porter’s raw, rapid-fire flow, which sounds all the more gritty when placed over a crisp beat from the Da Illfellaz, but that shouldn’t be a problem for fans of authentic, introspective lyrics. That said, the Bronx native is brutally honest on the record, delivering topics ranging from summer nights erupting in gunfire to what inspires him make his dreams a reality. Take a listen and let us know if you can handle it by leaving feedback below. There will be plenty
Paul Pierce truth telling when Denzil’s new mixtape, Porter’s Pot, is released on Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.