Fresh off joining forces with North Carolina buzzmaker Deniro Farrar on January’s Bow Down, Denzel Curry bounces back with a brand new solo single. Though the record’s title, Stadium Starship, evokes images of a cosmic voyage, science-fictional escapism isn’t on the menu; instead, this joint is concerned with the often-brutal realities of life in the Miami repper’s native streets. Over The Pyrvmids’ left-of-center beat, built around a mournful, slowed-down-vocal sample, Curry honors the memory of Tiara Grant, an 18-year-old Liberty City resident and mother of a one-year-old who died in a December 2013 shooting. While it’s currently unknown whether this cut will make it onto Curry’s forthcoming double-EP, Three Two Zel / Planet Shrooms, the record offers a taste of what fans can expect on the latter, more experimental half of the project. Keep it locked for further news and release details leading up to its yet-unscheduled release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.