Fresh off joining forces with North Carolina buzzmaker Deniro Farrar on January’s Bow Down, Denzel Curry bounces back with a brand new solo single. Though the record’s title, Stadium Starship, evokes images of a cosmic voyage, science-fictional escapism isn’t on the menu; instead, this joint is concerned with the often-brutal realities of life in the Miami repper’s native streets. Over The Pyrvmids’ left-of-center beat, built around a mournful, slowed-down-vocal sample, Curry honors the memory of Tiara Grant, an 18-year-old Liberty City resident and mother of a one-year-old who died in a December 2013 shooting. While it’s currently unknown whether this cut will make it onto Curry’s forthcoming double-EP, Three Two Zel / Planet Shrooms, the record offers a taste of what fans can expect on the latter, more experimental half of the project. Keep it locked for further news and release details leading up to its yet-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.