Fresh off joining forces with North Carolina buzzmaker Deniro Farrar on January’s Bow Down, Denzel Curry bounces back with a brand new solo single. Though the record’s title, Stadium Starship, evokes images of a cosmic voyage, science-fictional escapism isn’t on the menu; instead, this joint is concerned with the often-brutal realities of life in the Miami repper’s native streets. Over The Pyrvmids’ left-of-center beat, built around a mournful, slowed-down-vocal sample, Curry honors the memory of Tiara Grant, an 18-year-old Liberty City resident and mother of a one-year-old who died in a December 2013 shooting. While it’s currently unknown whether this cut will make it onto Curry’s forthcoming double-EP, Three Two Zel / Planet Shrooms, the record offers a taste of what fans can expect on the latter, more experimental half of the project. Keep it locked for further news and release details leading up to its yet-unscheduled release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!