Fresh off joining forces with North Carolina buzzmaker Deniro Farrar on January’s Bow Down, Denzel Curry bounces back with a brand new solo single. Though the record’s title, Stadium Starship, evokes images of a cosmic voyage, science-fictional escapism isn’t on the menu; instead, this joint is concerned with the often-brutal realities of life in the Miami repper’s native streets. Over The Pyrvmids’ left-of-center beat, built around a mournful, slowed-down-vocal sample, Curry honors the memory of Tiara Grant, an 18-year-old Liberty City resident and mother of a one-year-old who died in a December 2013 shooting. While it’s currently unknown whether this cut will make it onto Curry’s forthcoming double-EP, Three Two Zel / Planet Shrooms, the record offers a taste of what fans can expect on the latter, more experimental half of the project. Keep it locked for further news and release details leading up to its yet-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.