Fresh off joining forces with North Carolina buzzmaker Deniro Farrar on January’s Bow Down, Denzel Curry bounces back with a brand new solo single. Though the record’s title, Stadium Starship, evokes images of a cosmic voyage, science-fictional escapism isn’t on the menu; instead, this joint is concerned with the often-brutal realities of life in the Miami repper’s native streets. Over The Pyrvmids’ left-of-center beat, built around a mournful, slowed-down-vocal sample, Curry honors the memory of Tiara Grant, an 18-year-old Liberty City resident and mother of a one-year-old who died in a December 2013 shooting. While it’s currently unknown whether this cut will make it onto Curry’s forthcoming double-EP, Three Two Zel / Planet Shrooms, the record offers a taste of what fans can expect on the latter, more experimental half of the project. Keep it locked for further news and release details leading up to its yet-unscheduled release.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.