Here in the Booth, we are big baseball fans. OK, so maybe it’s just me, but still, the three-strike rule is in effect. With March’s Threatz and April’s N64, we have given you two chances to put Denzel Curry on your permenant radar. If you sleep on his latest effort, Denny Cascade, consider this your third strike. You’ll be out of luck when everyone else is talking about his forthcoming project, Nostalgic 64 (which will include the aforementioned cuts). On Denny Cascade, Curry showcases his more quirky, fun-loving side, spitting about taking hallucinogens and going to a strip club. The lyrical content might make you chuckle, but the artist’s staggered, yet crisp flow is no laughing matter; delivered over his and Freebase POSHstronaut‘s trippy boardwork, Curry’s bars make a strong impression. Be sure to snag Nostalgic 64 like a pop fly when it drops early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.