In most cases, losing your footing and falling over isn’t a particularly relaxing experience—“painful, and occasionally humiliating” is more how I’d describe it. trip.fall., the latest feature from B.K. rapper/producer Sene and singer/songwriter Denitia Odigie, is one of the rare exceptions to this rule. A bonus track off the duo’s recently-released collaborative EP, this headphone-ready selection feels less like an unexpected stumble than a graceful swan-dive into a pile of feathers. Sene sets a tranquil mood on the production tip, pairing etheral synth ambiance with barely-there percussion to back his partner’s reverb-wreathed vocals. Director Cam Be provides some low-key, but mesmerizing visuals to complement the cut. Fans can find trip, previously-featured singles again. (new ride.) and much more on the artists’ Blah Blah Blah EP, available now on iTunes.
Update: We have added the aaronisnotcool-directed, BKLYN1834-presented live visuals for denitia and sene’s trip.fall. single.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.