The other day, as I was loading up my car for a long trip, my back started to hurt thanks to all of the bags I had to carry. I feel like a fool for complaining, though, because my burden can’t even compare to Deniro Farrar‘s. According to his latest joint single, City on My Back, he’s loaded down with the entirety of Charlotte, North Carolina. While he might be the only emcee on the cut, the track’s producer, Spadez, has just as much to say; he simply does so instrumentally, rather than in words. No less potent than Deniro’s grimy, forceful flow, the beatsmith’s ominous production is driven by an epic, crashing drum; on the outro, he ratchets up the intensity with a climactic guitar solo. City on My Back will be part of Spadez’ forthcoming compilation album, but the project has yet to be assigned a drop date or title.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/2/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.