The other day, as I was loading up my car for a long trip, my back started to hurt thanks to all of the bags I had to carry. I feel like a fool for complaining, though, because my burden can’t even compare to Deniro Farrar‘s. According to his latest joint single, City on My Back, he’s loaded down with the entirety of Charlotte, North Carolina. While he might be the only emcee on the cut, the track’s producer, Spadez, has just as much to say; he simply does so instrumentally, rather than in words. No less potent than Deniro’s grimy, forceful flow, the beatsmith’s ominous production is driven by an epic, crashing drum; on the outro, he ratchets up the intensity with a climactic guitar solo. City on My Back will be part of Spadez’ forthcoming compilation album, but the project has yet to be assigned a drop date or title.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/2/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)