The other day, as I was loading up my car for a long trip, my back started to hurt thanks to all of the bags I had to carry. I feel like a fool for complaining, though, because my burden can’t even compare to Deniro Farrar‘s. According to his latest joint single, City on My Back, he’s loaded down with the entirety of Charlotte, North Carolina. While he might be the only emcee on the cut, the track’s producer, Spadez, has just as much to say; he simply does so instrumentally, rather than in words. No less potent than Deniro’s grimy, forceful flow, the beatsmith’s ominous production is driven by an epic, crashing drum; on the outro, he ratchets up the intensity with a climactic guitar solo. City on My Back will be part of Spadez’ forthcoming compilation album, but the project has yet to be assigned a drop date or title.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.