The other day, as I was loading up my car for a long trip, my back started to hurt thanks to all of the bags I had to carry. I feel like a fool for complaining, though, because my burden can’t even compare to Deniro Farrar‘s. According to his latest joint single, City on My Back, he’s loaded down with the entirety of Charlotte, North Carolina. While he might be the only emcee on the cut, the track’s producer, Spadez, has just as much to say; he simply does so instrumentally, rather than in words. No less potent than Deniro’s grimy, forceful flow, the beatsmith’s ominous production is driven by an epic, crashing drum; on the outro, he ratchets up the intensity with a climactic guitar solo. City on My Back will be part of Spadez’ forthcoming compilation album, but the project has yet to be assigned a drop date or title.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.