When you’re working your way from the bottom to the top, there are inevitably going to be dry spells; long, frustrating weeks and months spent busting your ass, running Back and Forth and Back again without any tangible result. On his latest Booth feature, Look at the Sky, rhymesayer DeNiro Farrar and fellow L.A.-by-way-of-Oakland emcee Shady Blaze describe the everyday travails, stresses and perils of their hustle, flowing over the chopped strings and chilly bell arpeggios of FriendZone. Through it all, their determination to succeed remains undiminished; dodging the five-o is nothing compared to another Christmas with “no presents under the f**ckin’ tree.” Fans can find this dogged grind anthem and much more on Farrar and Blaze’s Kill or Be Killed LP, available now for digital purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.