Everybody’s scared of something—even an emcee as cold as Deniro Farrar. On the lead single off his next EP, his first feature since last October’s Back-Forth-Back, the Charlotte representative fills us in on a few of his Fears. A sample of New Wave/electronic group Chromatics’ Cherry (courtesy of Boston, Massachusetts beat crew SXMPLELIFE) backs the emcee as he laments life’s cheapness in the ‘hood: “Guns make n**gas feel tall like the Eiffel, till somebody shoot ‘em down and their body stifled.” Counseling young people to put their faith in a higher power rather than a firearm, he spits, “F**k a magazine, you need to read a Bible” THE PATRIARCH is scheduled for release at a yet-unspecified date this month. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.