Everybody’s scared of something—even an emcee as cold as Deniro Farrar. On the lead single off his next EP, his first feature since last October’s Back-Forth-Back, the Charlotte representative fills us in on a few of his Fears. A sample of New Wave/electronic group Chromatics’ Cherry (courtesy of Boston, Massachusetts beat crew SXMPLELIFE) backs the emcee as he laments life’s cheapness in the ‘hood: “Guns make n**gas feel tall like the Eiffel, till somebody shoot ‘em down and their body stifled.” Counseling young people to put their faith in a higher power rather than a firearm, he spits, “F**k a magazine, you need to read a Bible” THE PATRIARCH is scheduled for release at a yet-unspecified date this month. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.