Everybody’s scared of something—even an emcee as cold as Deniro Farrar. On the lead single off his next EP, his first feature since last October’s Back-Forth-Back, the Charlotte representative fills us in on a few of his Fears. A sample of New Wave/electronic group Chromatics’ Cherry (courtesy of Boston, Massachusetts beat crew SXMPLELIFE) backs the emcee as he laments life’s cheapness in the ‘hood: “Guns make n**gas feel tall like the Eiffel, till somebody shoot ‘em down and their body stifled.” Counseling young people to put their faith in a higher power rather than a firearm, he spits, “F**k a magazine, you need to read a Bible” THE PATRIARCH is scheduled for release at a yet-unspecified date this month. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.