Everybody’s scared of something—even an emcee as cold as Deniro Farrar. On the lead single off his next EP, his first feature since last October’s Back-Forth-Back, the Charlotte representative fills us in on a few of his Fears. A sample of New Wave/electronic group Chromatics’ Cherry (courtesy of Boston, Massachusetts beat crew SXMPLELIFE) backs the emcee as he laments life’s cheapness in the ‘hood: “Guns make n**gas feel tall like the Eiffel, till somebody shoot ‘em down and their body stifled.” Counseling young people to put their faith in a higher power rather than a firearm, he spits, “F**k a magazine, you need to read a Bible” THE PATRIARCH is scheduled for release at a yet-unspecified date this month. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.