Everybody’s scared of something—even an emcee as cold as Deniro Farrar. On the lead single off his next EP, his first feature since last October’s Back-Forth-Back, the Charlotte representative fills us in on a few of his Fears. A sample of New Wave/electronic group Chromatics’ Cherry (courtesy of Boston, Massachusetts beat crew SXMPLELIFE) backs the emcee as he laments life’s cheapness in the ‘hood: “Guns make n**gas feel tall like the Eiffel, till somebody shoot ‘em down and their body stifled.” Counseling young people to put their faith in a higher power rather than a firearm, he spits, “F**k a magazine, you need to read a Bible” THE PATRIARCH is scheduled for release at a yet-unspecified date this month. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.