As the cliché goes, it’s not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you. On his latest promo single, premiering in the Booth along with its gritty official visuals, Deniro Farrar asks the Man Upstairs for protection against the forces conspiring for his downfall, praying: “Keep these Devils off me, lord.” Over an uncredited beatsmith’s hazy, ethereal synth-percussion boardwork, he spits about snitches, snakes in the grass, stray bullets and the other threatening presences that haunt his home streets. First in Flight State newcomer Tang takes over on the back, denouncing the fakes and paying his respects to dead homies. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned for more on Farrar’s Rebirth LP, scheduled for release May 20. In April, the artist will be joining Danny Brown on his Old Tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)