As the cliché goes, it’s not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you. On his latest promo single, premiering in the Booth along with its gritty official visuals, Deniro Farrar asks the Man Upstairs for protection against the forces conspiring for his downfall, praying: “Keep these Devils off me, lord.” Over an uncredited beatsmith’s hazy, ethereal synth-percussion boardwork, he spits about snitches, snakes in the grass, stray bullets and the other threatening presences that haunt his home streets. First in Flight State newcomer Tang takes over on the back, denouncing the fakes and paying his respects to dead homies. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned for more on Farrar’s Rebirth LP, scheduled for release May 20. In April, the artist will be joining Danny Brown on his Old Tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.