As the cliché goes, it’s not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you. On his latest promo single, premiering in the Booth along with its gritty official visuals, Deniro Farrar asks the Man Upstairs for protection against the forces conspiring for his downfall, praying: “Keep these Devils off me, lord.” Over an uncredited beatsmith’s hazy, ethereal synth-percussion boardwork, he spits about snitches, snakes in the grass, stray bullets and the other threatening presences that haunt his home streets. First in Flight State newcomer Tang takes over on the back, denouncing the fakes and paying his respects to dead homies. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned for more on Farrar’s Rebirth LP, scheduled for release May 20. In April, the artist will be joining Danny Brown on his Old Tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.