As the cliché goes, it’s not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you. On his latest promo single, premiering in the Booth along with its gritty official visuals, Deniro Farrar asks the Man Upstairs for protection against the forces conspiring for his downfall, praying: “Keep these Devils off me, lord.” Over an uncredited beatsmith’s hazy, ethereal synth-percussion boardwork, he spits about snitches, snakes in the grass, stray bullets and the other threatening presences that haunt his home streets. First in Flight State newcomer Tang takes over on the back, denouncing the fakes and paying his respects to dead homies. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned for more on Farrar’s Rebirth LP, scheduled for release May 20. In April, the artist will be joining Danny Brown on his Old Tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.