On his last Booth feature, a single off his recently-released The Patriarch EP, Deniro Farrar filled us in on a few of the Fears that haunt him on the daily—including the possibility that he might become his city’s next gun crime statistic. That same sense of uncertainty and paranoia pervades the Charlotte, North Carolina representative’s latest promotional single, the aptly-titled Danger. Backed by Blue Sky Black Death‘s ominous bells loops, the artist tells us why he never leaves his gat at home: “Charlotte n*gga[s] trigger-happy, 20 murders in a week / Every time I watch the news, sh*t that’s all the f*ck I see / Another dead black male, just a victim of the gun.” This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but, as always, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest from this Southern buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Deniro Farrar’s Guy-directed Danger visual.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.