On his last Booth feature, a single off his recently-released The Patriarch EP, Deniro Farrar filled us in on a few of the Fears that haunt him on the daily—including the possibility that he might become his city’s next gun crime statistic. That same sense of uncertainty and paranoia pervades the Charlotte, North Carolina representative’s latest promotional single, the aptly-titled Danger. Backed by Blue Sky Black Death‘s ominous bells loops, the artist tells us why he never leaves his gat at home: “Charlotte n*gga[s] trigger-happy, 20 murders in a week / Every time I watch the news, sh*t that’s all the f*ck I see / Another dead black male, just a victim of the gun.” This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but, as always, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest from this Southern buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Deniro Farrar’s Guy-directed Danger visual.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.