On his last Booth feature, a single off his recently-released The Patriarch EP, Deniro Farrar filled us in on a few of the Fears that haunt him on the daily—including the possibility that he might become his city’s next gun crime statistic. That same sense of uncertainty and paranoia pervades the Charlotte, North Carolina representative’s latest promotional single, the aptly-titled Danger. Backed by Blue Sky Black Death‘s ominous bells loops, the artist tells us why he never leaves his gat at home: “Charlotte n*gga[s] trigger-happy, 20 murders in a week / Every time I watch the news, sh*t that’s all the f*ck I see / Another dead black male, just a victim of the gun.” This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but, as always, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest from this Southern buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Deniro Farrar’s Guy-directed Danger visual.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.