On his last Booth feature, a single off his recently-released The Patriarch EP, Deniro Farrar filled us in on a few of the Fears that haunt him on the daily—including the possibility that he might become his city’s next gun crime statistic. That same sense of uncertainty and paranoia pervades the Charlotte, North Carolina representative’s latest promotional single, the aptly-titled Danger. Backed by Blue Sky Black Death‘s ominous bells loops, the artist tells us why he never leaves his gat at home: “Charlotte n*gga[s] trigger-happy, 20 murders in a week / Every time I watch the news, sh*t that’s all the f*ck I see / Another dead black male, just a victim of the gun.” This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but, as always, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest from this Southern buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Deniro Farrar’s Guy-directed Danger visual.
Vice Records/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Devil's Pie (F*ck The Slice)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.