Want to know DEMRICK‘s favorite color? Simply take a whiff of his blunt… or look inside the styrofoam cup in his hand… or take a glance at his polo. On his latest promo single, the West Coast buzzmaker formerly known as Young De expresses his love for anything and everything Purple. (He’s in good company; a shade of purple, Orchid, was chosen by Pantone as the “in color for 2014”) Statik Selektah mans the mixing boards, crafting a hazy chopped-vocal beat to accompany the artist as he waxes poetic about kush, lean, his designer wardrobe and everything else that resides on his preferred slice of the spectrum. Bay Area mainstay Mistah FAB ties the record together with a vibrant guest verse. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more from DEMRICK on The First 48, his recent collaborative project with Xzibit and B-Real (as Serial Killers).
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.