Want to know DEMRICK‘s favorite color? Simply take a whiff of his blunt… or look inside the styrofoam cup in his hand… or take a glance at his polo. On his latest promo single, the West Coast buzzmaker formerly known as Young De expresses his love for anything and everything Purple. (He’s in good company; a shade of purple, Orchid, was chosen by Pantone as the “in color for 2014”) Statik Selektah mans the mixing boards, crafting a hazy chopped-vocal beat to accompany the artist as he waxes poetic about kush, lean, his designer wardrobe and everything else that resides on his preferred slice of the spectrum. Bay Area mainstay Mistah FAB ties the record together with a vibrant guest verse. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more from DEMRICK on The First 48, his recent collaborative project with Xzibit and B-Real (as Serial Killers).
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.