Want to know DEMRICK‘s favorite color? Simply take a whiff of his blunt… or look inside the styrofoam cup in his hand… or take a glance at his polo. On his latest promo single, the West Coast buzzmaker formerly known as Young De expresses his love for anything and everything Purple. (He’s in good company; a shade of purple, Orchid, was chosen by Pantone as the “in color for 2014”) Statik Selektah mans the mixing boards, crafting a hazy chopped-vocal beat to accompany the artist as he waxes poetic about kush, lean, his designer wardrobe and everything else that resides on his preferred slice of the spectrum. Bay Area mainstay Mistah FAB ties the record together with a vibrant guest verse. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more from DEMRICK on The First 48, his recent collaborative project with Xzibit and B-Real (as Serial Killers).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!