Want to know DEMRICK‘s favorite color? Simply take a whiff of his blunt… or look inside the styrofoam cup in his hand… or take a glance at his polo. On his latest promo single, the West Coast buzzmaker formerly known as Young De expresses his love for anything and everything Purple. (He’s in good company; a shade of purple, Orchid, was chosen by Pantone as the “in color for 2014”) Statik Selektah mans the mixing boards, crafting a hazy chopped-vocal beat to accompany the artist as he waxes poetic about kush, lean, his designer wardrobe and everything else that resides on his preferred slice of the spectrum. Bay Area mainstay Mistah FAB ties the record together with a vibrant guest verse. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more from DEMRICK on The First 48, his recent collaborative project with Xzibit and B-Real (as Serial Killers).
Written by richard on 12/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.