“Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know we riddled two middlemen who didn’t do diddly.” I defy you to cite a doper two bars than those immortal lines from Big Pun‘s Twinz (‘98 Deep Cover). The Demigodz clearly agree with my assessment, as the Connecticut underground supergroup have made that very sample the centerpiece of their latest single. The Bronx legend’s presence in spirit inspires the trio to come even harder than usual on the lyrical tip; over Apathy‘s adrenaline-pumping production, he, Ryu and Celph-Titled deliver aggressive verses packed with polysyllabically-rhymed standout lines. Some suitably raw visuals by “Open” Mike and Greg LaRose round out the package. Feeling it? Stay tuned for more bangers leading up to the arrival of the Demigodz’ KILLMatic LP on Tuesday, March 5.
Written by richard on 02/6/13
Connecticut underground supergroup Demigodz are offering their long-awaited debut album, KILLmatic, for exclusive streaming in The DJBooth. The group's first official project since 2002's Godz Must Be Crazy EP, the LP...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Demigodz Is Back " (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)