Take it from someone who’s been there: if you want to ruin a relationship in no time flat, simply tune out whenever your guy or gal starts discussing their thoughts and feelings—if all goes according to plan, you may get dumped without even realizing it! On this unreleased cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth), Fallen Soldiers singer DeMarco addresses a woman who just won’t Listen. Over Starkutt‘s catchy mix of synths and chopped strings, the Kingston-bred singer explains that, though his girl’s skills in the sack are undeniable, he knows he deserves better and he’s made up his mind to leave. Chris Martin—the R&B/dancehall artist, not the guy from Coldplay—provides moral support throughout the track, backing DeMarco up on the guest verse tip as well as lending his smoother vocal presence to the hook. Just about everyone’s been in a situation similar to the one described here, and, judging by the artist’s track record in the Booth, this easily-relatable cut should be a hit with our resident dancehall/reggae-lovers. DeMarco’s currently busy finishing work on his debut studio album; keep it locked to the Booth for further details on the forthcoming LP.
Written by richard on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fallen Soldiers" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.