Take it from someone who’s been there: if you want to ruin a relationship in no time flat, simply tune out whenever your guy or gal starts discussing their thoughts and feelings—if all goes according to plan, you may get dumped without even realizing it! On this unreleased cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth), Fallen Soldiers singer DeMarco addresses a woman who just won’t Listen. Over Starkutt‘s catchy mix of synths and chopped strings, the Kingston-bred singer explains that, though his girl’s skills in the sack are undeniable, he knows he deserves better and he’s made up his mind to leave. Chris Martin—the R&B/dancehall artist, not the guy from Coldplay—provides moral support throughout the track, backing DeMarco up on the guest verse tip as well as lending his smoother vocal presence to the hook. Just about everyone’s been in a situation similar to the one described here, and, judging by the artist’s track record in the Booth, this easily-relatable cut should be a hit with our resident dancehall/reggae-lovers. DeMarco’s currently busy finishing work on his debut studio album; keep it locked to the Booth for further details on the forthcoming LP.
Written by richard on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fallen Soldiers" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)