Late last January, the DJBooth introduced reggae artist Demarco and his tribute to all the Fallen Soldiers on his native streets. Peaking at #2 on our Underground chart, the record garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from our listeners and prompted many to ask for, as their genre calls it, Mo’ Fire! Ten months later, one of several recorded remixes has arrived in our Booth, which includes some reflections from a different type of street veteran. Jim Jones, a label mate at Koch, rhymes about those whose lives were cut short on the streets. Though the production remains unchanged from the original version, the message that Demarco and Jones impart should resonate from Kingston to Harlem and well beyond. Demarco’s untitled debut album currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fallen Soldiers" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.