In 2007, powerhouse label Epic announced it was teaming up with indie-major label Koch to release albums by several up-and-coming urban artists. Having introduced the world to now-superstar Sean Kingston and DJBooth mainstay Yung Berg, the partnership is ready to unleash their newest artist: straight out of Kingston, Jamaica, reggae artist Demarco. Offering a tribute to all the Fallen Soldiers in his home streets, Demarco’s voice has an old-school feel (enhanced of course by the now famous vocoder), and is accompanied by his very own production work. The Epic/Koch team is 1 ½ out of 2 so far, will Demarco continue the hit streak? Find out later this year when his debut album hits stores.
Written by Burmy on 01/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fallen Soldiers (Remix) ft. Jim Jones" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.