Dem Franchize Boyz have plenty of reasons to be mad right about now. After being targeted by the Hip Hop is Dead movement and losing their So So Def deal due to contractual obligations with Virgin Records, the Boyz had issues. Venting through the new buzz single, Takin’ Out Ya Neck, Pimpin’, Jizzal Man, Parlae, and Buddie accuse their ‘haters’ of being jealous of their success. The song is void of the group’s traditional snap tone, which was traded in for a New Orleans-style bounce courtesy of producer Bangladesh. Will DFB retain their semi-success after switching up their style? That question will be answered when their third album, Da Point of No Return, drops sometime in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)