Dem Franchize Boyz have plenty of reasons to be mad right about now. After being targeted by the Hip Hop is Dead movement and losing their So So Def deal due to contractual obligations with Virgin Records, the Boyz had issues. Venting through the new buzz single, Takin’ Out Ya Neck, Pimpin’, Jizzal Man, Parlae, and Buddie accuse their ‘haters’ of being jealous of their success. The song is void of the group’s traditional snap tone, which was traded in for a New Orleans-style bounce courtesy of producer Bangladesh. Will DFB retain their semi-success after switching up their style? That question will be answered when their third album, Da Point of No Return, drops sometime in early 2008.
Listen to More: Dem Franchize Boyz
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)