Dem Franchize Boyz have plenty of reasons to be mad right about now. After being targeted by the Hip Hop is Dead movement and losing their So So Def deal due to contractual obligations with Virgin Records, the Boyz had issues. Venting through the new buzz single, Takin’ Out Ya Neck, Pimpin’, Jizzal Man, Parlae, and Buddie accuse their ‘haters’ of being jealous of their success. The song is void of the group’s traditional snap tone, which was traded in for a New Orleans-style bounce courtesy of producer Bangladesh. Will DFB retain their semi-success after switching up their style? That question will be answered when their third album, Da Point of No Return, drops sometime in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.