Dem Franchize Boyz have plenty of reasons to be mad right about now. After being targeted by the Hip Hop is Dead movement and losing their So So Def deal due to contractual obligations with Virgin Records, the Boyz had issues. Venting through the new buzz single, Takin’ Out Ya Neck, Pimpin’, Jizzal Man, Parlae, and Buddie accuse their ‘haters’ of being jealous of their success. The song is void of the group’s traditional snap tone, which was traded in for a New Orleans-style bounce courtesy of producer Bangladesh. Will DFB retain their semi-success after switching up their style? That question will be answered when their third album, Da Point of No Return, drops sometime in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.