Dem Franchize Boyz have plenty of reasons to be mad right about now. After being targeted by the Hip Hop is Dead movement and losing their So So Def deal due to contractual obligations with Virgin Records, the Boyz had issues. Venting through the new buzz single, Takin’ Out Ya Neck, Pimpin’, Jizzal Man, Parlae, and Buddie accuse their ‘haters’ of being jealous of their success. The song is void of the group’s traditional snap tone, which was traded in for a New Orleans-style bounce courtesy of producer Bangladesh. Will DFB retain their semi-success after switching up their style? That question will be answered when their third album, Da Point of No Return, drops sometime in early 2008.
Listen to More: Dem Franchize Boyz
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.