When approaching their new album, At the Point of No Return, Virgin Records rap quartet Dem Franchize Boyz released the lead single, Talkin’ Out Da Side of Ya Neck. Featured here at DJBooth this past October, the song created very little initial buzz, but the label stuck with it. Skip ahead a few months, full of non-stop singles featuring T-Pain, and the folks at DJBooth are now firmly convinced there is an industry-wide conspiracy. Recorded last year, the DFB/T-Pain collaborative effort, Come Come, is set to be pushed as the group’s next single. Why now? Why not last October? Simple; T-Pain was too busy last fall (Kiss Kiss, Good Life, Church). When all else fails, unleash the sleeping giant… otherwise known as the previously recorded T-Pain collabo.
Written by DJ Z on 02/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talkin Out Da Side Of Ya Neck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.